Whats for Dinner
Chicken Salad Wraps
I had the biggest craving for chicken salad today but couldn't seem to find the right recipe to satisfy my cravings. So I made one up - It is super easy and my gosh it was good!! Here it is...
2 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 Small apples (I used McIntosh apples)
1 Spanish onion
2 Celery stalks
1 Minced clove of garlic
1/4 Cup of light fat free Mayo
1 tbsp of Extra virgin olive oil
1 Tsp of Medium curry powder (give or take)
1 pinch of Thyme
1 pinch of Turmeric
1 tsp of lemon juice
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook Chicken in oven at 400 for around 25 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked.
- In a small skillet, sauté your onions, garlic, until slightly soft.
- In a separate bowl, place finely chopped, apple and celery. Then add the cooked onions and garlic to the mix.
- Once chicken is cooked, chop in small cubes and place into the bowl with the mixed ingredients.
- Add sauce (Mayo, thyme, turmeric, curry power, lemon juice, salt and pepper)
- Mix it up and serve on lettuce or flour tortilla.